CampusCoin Project Progress Report #18
An update on the hybridization of CampusCoin to incorporate Proof-of-Stake mining and Masternodes to the network, release of a Founders/Development Fee survey to the public, and CampusCoin releases a new bounty for the community.
New Token Developments
The CampusCoin team would like to give our community an update on the upcoming fork that will bring about the long awaited hybridization of the CampusCoin token. As you may already know, this update will include the addition of Proof-of-Stake (PoS) and Masternode (MN) capabilities to the network alongside the currently available Proof-of-Work (PoW) algorithm. Updates for this development can be found below:
- As of 8/14, the new token testnet was officially launched and testing has ensued. Testing of the PoS and MN functionality is approximately 70% complete.
- Open testing to be available for all interested members of our community within the next 2 weeks. Stay tuned for more information.
- A 1–1 token swap will take place upon release of the fork. Instructions on how to perform the swap will be released in the upcoming weeks.
- The CampusCoin development team is in the process of redesigning the UI for the desktop wallet for the addition of MN and Staking capabilities. Submit your ideas in the next few days and maybe aspects from your design will be utilized!
Contact email@example.com with any questions you may have about the pending fork.
Community to Select Founders/Developmental Fee Source
The CampusCoin team has released a poll for our community to determine the method in which we will acquire our Founders/Developmental Fee once the hybridization of our token occurs. In the upcoming weeks, the CampusCoin development team will release the long awaited fork that adds Proof-of-Stake and Masternode capabilities to the network. Following the model of most common projects, a Founders and Development Fee is to be extracted from the newly created block reward system.
After researching the methods of other similar projects, the CampusCoin development team has determined that there are three feasible methods for the Founders/Development Fee to be acquired. Based on the chosen method, the CampusCoin development team will research ways to potentially burn a percentage of the fee acquired. The follow methods are presented below:
- 10% of each block reward acquired is taken for the fee
- Every 10th block will be taken for the fee
- The Development team sets up ten Tier 3 masternodes and competes to acquire the fee
It is key to note that options ‘1’ and ‘2’ will result in approximately the same reward amount. Option ‘3’ will add a competitive factor and make the total reward amount acquired less predictable.
As the CampusCoin team appreciates the opinions of our community members, we encourage all members to participate in the survey and make your voice heard. Please message firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the survey.
Survey Opens: Now
Survey Ends: 8/21 @ 9:00 PM PST*
Survey Results: Will be released on 8/22 @ 2:00 PM PST (Results also can be viewed throughout)
The survey can be found here.
*The CampusCoin team understands that the allotted 48 hours is not a significant amount of time to tally votes, but time is of the essence with the collegiate semester upon us. We stress that all members of out community complete the survey ASAP.
Meet CampusCoin Advisor Cameron Schorg
The CampusCoin team is proud to announce that we have added blockchain evangelist and crypto pioneer Cameron Schorg to the team. Cameron has agreed to come on board and assist in the acceleration of our project as ourUniversity Relations Advisor.
Who is he? Cameron Schorg, also known as “The Bitcoin Guy” to many, was recently named 1 of 15 “People to Watch in 2018” by the Des Moines Register. As a pioneer, he launched an exchange startup at the age of 16, organized grassroots movements at more than 75 universities worldwide, and works with some of the world’s most prominent cryptocurrency companies. Schorg is regularly featured as a subject expert at FinTech industry events, educational seminars, media coverages, and frequently consults companies and individuals. His relentless devotion stems from the will to eliminate us all from economic slavery, truly democratize the world of money, and push humanity into an age of abundance.
With the semester upon us, the CampusCoin team is thrilled to add a leading crypto educator such as Cameron to the mix. Cameron, with years of experience in the space under his belt, will allow for CampusCoin to gain traction within the collegiate space at a much faster rate then originally expected. Increased adoption rate will allow for CampusCoin to grow as an organization and for our Ambassador Program to become stronger then ever. Needless to say, the team just got stronger.
Coinvention Draws Near
Fifteen days from now the CampusCoin team will make their first appearance at a professional blockchain conference at Coinvention and we want you to enjoy the experience with us!
Courtesy of Coinvention, CampusCoin is giving away two free tickets to the inaugural event taking place on August 30th and 31st in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. The two winners will be randomly selected and announced Monday, August 20th @ 2:00 PM PST. If you are interested, contact @zachcmpco on Discord or Telegram to be added to the list of potential recipients.
Can’t attend Coinvention? Want to be there with us? You Can! CampusCoin will be going live on Instagram during both days of Coinvention to bring you in on the action. Tune in live to watch Bryan’s speech, live CMPCO updates, and much more.
Do you think you have what it takes to code with the best of them? If so, sign up for Coinvention’s first ever Hack-a-thon today and represent the CampusCoin community!
Flyer Creation Bounty
The CampusCoin team is launching a bounty that will reward the top two individuals who submit Become an Ambassador Flyers. These flyers must be simple yet catch the eye of a potential Ambassador. We would also like for the submitted flyers to possess a QR code that directly links the viewer to our Become a Campus Ambassador page. Bring your A game, as the top two designs will be printed and distributed to our Ambassadors for the beginning of the upcoming semester!
→ Task: Create a Become a Campus Ambassador Flyer for distribution during the upcoming semester
→ Requirements: Flyer must be simple, catch the eye, and contain a QR code linking to: https://www.campuscoinproject.org/become-a-campus-ambassador/
→ Limitations: Unlimited submissions per user
→ Reward: 5000 CMPCO to 1st place, 2500 CMPCO to 2nd place
→ How to: Submit entries by via Twitter by tagging @CampusCoinORG and including #CampusCoin and #back2school
→ Deadline: Sunday, August 22nd at 9:00 PM PST
→ Selection: The top two designs will be announced Thursday, August 23rd at 2:00 PM PST
Recent Token Allocation Usage
Per the request of our community, the CampusCoin team will begin to give our community members an understanding of how the project is utilizing the token premine token allocation by giving bi-weekly updates on what tokens are being used for. Please note that token allocation amounts will not be released to the public, solely what tokens are being used for. Below is a list of recent token allocations:
- Addition of new Advisory members to our project
- Additional moderators are being added to our various social platforms
- Community Managers are to be added to our social platforms
- Additional developmental help has been acquired to accelerate the creation of a new UI for our desktop wallet
- Developmental assistance for progression of the fork that will give our network PoS and MN capabilities
- Additional Developmental help for the acceleration of the mobile app production
- Bounty rewards
Additional updates will be released on a biweekly basis.
- PoS and MN development underway (~70% completion)
- Mobile Application development continues
- Online Wallet development continues
- Desktop Wallet updates for Mac
- Founder/Development Fee Survey Released
- Submit proposed UI designs for Desktop Wallet updates
- Message Buba on Discord or Telegram for dev assistance possibilities
- CampusCoin adds University Relations Advisor Cameron Schorg
- Coinvention approaches — 15 Days until the event
- Coinvention Ticket Giveaway Ends Sunday @ 9PM PST
- Become a Campus Ambassador Flyer bounty begins
- Additional Moderators and Community Managers are being added to social platforms
- Message @zachcmpco on Discord or Telegram for marketing and moderation assistance opportunities
Media Expansion Statistics
Time Period: Year-to-Date
- Discord→ 570 to 1723 Users +202%
- Facebook → 467 to 1024 Followers +115%
- Instagram → 1673 to 4823 Followers +188%
- Medium → 30 to 112 Followers +273%
- Reddit → 90 to 353 Readers +292%
- Telegram → 219 to 4658 Members +2027%
- Twitter → 934 to 7944 Followers +751%
- Twitter (Support)→ 232 to 871 to Followers +275%
- YouTube → 0 to 66 Subscribers 6600%
CampusCoin Co-Founder and CEO